The Northern Health Science Alliance
The Northern Health Science Alliance (NHSA) is a partnership established by the leading universities, NHS Hospital Trusts and Academic Health Science Networks in the North of England, the NHSA provides a portal to its internationally recognised health science excellence.
We work across a population of 15 million bringing together research, health science innovation and commercialisation. We work with commercial partners to provide access to researchers, universities, hospitals and health research institutions.
The North of England has deep expertise in health data, developing and implementing Learning Health Systems where progress in science, informatics, and care culture come together to deliver continuous improvement in Health and Healthcare and Precision Medicine
The NHSA is a focal point for our members and partner organisations to work collaboratively on projects that leverage the combined potential of the North harnessing the resources, infrastructure, intellectual capital and experience of the region.
How the Northern Health Science Alliance works with industry:
We specialise in developing research collaborations and clinical evaluation studies of new technology within the National Health Service (NHS). We provide a bespoke service to healthcare industries across all sectors.
Based on the needs and technology of the industry partner, the NHSA coordinates outreach across our member institutions to find relevant, advantageous partnerships.
• With in-depth knowledge of our member organisations, the NHSA can find academic or clinical partners to develop technology with industry
• We provide administrative and light-touch project management support to get collaborations off the ground
• Assisting with scoping of funding streams for biomedical and health science research projects
• Identifying diverse funding streams, keeping abreast of major funders’ current vision and strategies
• NHSA simplifies the set-up of clinical validation studies within the NHS and brings together a consortium of expertise to work with the industry partner
• Provides administrative support to bring parties together, both face-to-face and virtually to drive project forward
• The NHSA works with our centres’ Technology Transfer Offices and Business Engagement teams to undertake technology scouting on behalf of industry
• Support visits and delegation activity for international industry, particularly their external and open innovation teams
For more information visit www.theNHSA.co.uk and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @The_NHSA
To contact us email info@theNHSA.co.uk